I am Ms Taz. This is the story of my life. I love to share pictures and stories of my baby, Honey B. She is everything to me and has brought me so much happiness.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Holiday Hell....Giving Thanks

So I just realized I did not post about my Thanksgiving. Well !

Here goes...

Turns out it was just me, Mom & Dad and the Puppies. My brother from MN did not show up at all with his family and 4 girls. That was a bummer. Mom and I got up and went to the store that morning to get some fixins- the Turkey was already thawed out. She was not feeling well at all and it was a bad head cold. By the time we got through the store and home to put groceries away she was ready for a nap. I knew she did not feel good then. So I tucked her into bed, plugged in the Sudacare, and hooked up the DVD player to her TV so she could rest. So then off to the kitchen I went.

Cleaned the Turkey, started it in our Showtime rotiessaire. Made scalloped corn and put it in the oven, fried the gizzards, boiled potatoes and make into whippped, made stuffing, made some dessert Pistachio style and kept the kitchen the whole time. Did I mention I ran to Wal-Mart in the middle of it all? oh yeah I rocked I know. So my Dad he just watched TV and left me be - that was okay though cause everything got done within minutes of each other. He carved the Turkey and set table. Mom woke up long enough to eat with us. It was all very good. I had a bite of everything and I was happy. Dad helped me clean up the kitchen and then I was on a mad cleaning rush- shook out rugs, cleaned up the yard and continued the cleaning frenzy.

Happy Thanksgiving to me. I hope my parents are grateful of me being there and doing all of that for them. It was an okay day overall. At least I had them to share the day with. Lets hope Christmas is okay and my brother makes some time for us as well. Gosh let the next month fly on by !

And I am already tired of Turkey and potatoe leftovers !!

Gobble, gobble-- it is all over.

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter N said...

Wow.....you are a whirlwind cooker, and a great daughter that took care of her Mom. Not to mention the cleaning aspect. I guess this cold has gone through me, Novy and your Mom...let's hope it leaves us alone. Take care...I think that was the best Thanksgiving post I've EVER read...honest! Is there an audio version...CD or cassette tape? Just kidding.......Peter

7:02 AM

 
Blogger Novella said...

Awww ... I meant to check yesterday, you said you were feeling the need to B.L.O.G.

I feel your pain dearest ... I'm here for ya if you need a moment outta the house !

8:00 AM

 
Blogger Peter N said...

Me too! But the distance! Take Novy's jet!

5:44 AM

 
Blogger Novella said...

wait ... what ? I have a jet ?

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Peter N said...

You will...stay in touch!

11:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

AmericanSingles Dating Reviews
AmericanSingles Dating Reviews